ECHOES OF GREAT BREAKTHROUGH IN THE BASIC EDUCATION PROGRAMME IN IZZI LOCAL GOVERNMENT EDUCATION AUTHORITY, NDIOGBU.
Remarkable progress was recorded in the Basic Education Sub-sector of Izzi Local Government Education Authority of Ebonyi State. The feats are primarily complementary to the enviable investment of His Excellency, Chief Engr David Nweze Umahi, FNSE, FNATE into the sector across the State.
ROLES OF THE LOCAL EDUCATION AUTHORITY:
Izzi Local Government Education Authority, Iboko, was charged with the responsibilities of monitoring, supervising and coordinating the basic education schools, teachers, pupils and students in primary and junior secondary schools in the area. It adopted the concepts of foresight, sacrifice and commitment to duty in actualizing its course in leadership.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF IZZI LOCAL GOVERNMENT EDUCATION AUTHORITY:
Under the guide of the incumbent Education Secretary, Hon. Mrs. Nwazuoge Josephine Nwogbaga, the authority assured control, dictated the pace of academic activities, and realized the aspirations of the government, parents, pupils and students as herein stated between 2015 to date:
1. The education authority embarked on regular spot checks to ensure effective teaching and learning, discipline and regularity of teachers, pupils and students to class.
2. It ensured the smooth conduct and monitoring of terminal, promotional, first school leaving certificate and basic education certificate examinations in primary and junior secondary schools in the locality.
3. Izzi Local Government Education Authority provided logistics for the lifting of education materials like textbooks, chalk, laptop computers and white magic boards from Ebonyi State Universal Basic Education Board Headquarters and distributing the same to primary and junior secondary schools accordingly.
4. The authority within the period under review organized and conducted training and retraining workshops for the operators-teachers of the basic education system in the area to strengthen skills and knowledge of modern teaching methods and management of schools.
5. On sports development and competitions, Izzi local education organized sports fiesta for primary schools through the assistance of the Honorable Speaker of Ebonyi State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon Francis Ogbonnaya Nwifuru, who donated trophies for the tournament.
6. In complementing the efforts of His Excellency, Chief Engr. David Nweze Umahi in peaceful resolution of conflicts, the local education authority bravely intervened and resolved the lingering dispute of encroachment on the parcel of land belonging to Nguji Ogbodo Community Primary School, Igbeagu by the villagers.
7. The local education authority perfected the installation of solar energy to two schools in order to ensure that the computer sets installed are put into use towards information and communication technological development of primary school pupils and junior secondary school students.
APPRECIATION & CONCLUSION:
The management, staff, teachers, pupils and students of basic education schools in Izzi Local Government Education Authority heartily appreciate the ingenuity, commitment, magnanimity and intervention of the State Executive Governor, His Excellency, Apostle, Dr, Chief Engr David Nweze Umahi in the sub-sector by providing the enabling infrastructure and facilities that powered the basic education programme at the grassroots to excellence.
The education authority shall remain focused in its assignment of proper management and supervision of all the primary and junior secondary schools and teachers in the area for optimal proficiency and development of pupils and students educationally.
Mrs. Nwazuoge Josephine,
Education Secretary, Izzi LGEA.
UBEB projects in the Ebonyi state Basic Education Schools.