SIGNIFICANT ACHIEVEMENTS OF AFIKPO NORTH LOCAL EDUCATION AUTHORITY SINCE 2015 TO DATE.
Apart from the glaring transformation of school infrastructure and facilities across the LGEA and prompt payment of workers’ salaries since the inception into power of His Excellency, Apostle Chief David Nweze Umahi as the third Executive Governor of Ebonyi State, there are still numerous landmark achievements one would be glad to know about the council area education authority.
Though inexhaustible, below are the highlights:-
1. Construction of five new six classroom blocks with managerial offices in all the wards.
2. Supply of 2 laptops each to every secondary school in the LGEA.
3. Supply of desktop, 3 heavy duty batteries and six solar panels to the junior secondary schools.
4. Supply of white magic boards to every classroom of the basic education schools
5. Supply of 20 cartons of white chalk to every primary schools.
6. The education secretary of Afikpo North has ensured that primary 4 -6 pupils in Afikpo North LGEA attend computer lessons every Thursday and Friday of the week.
7. The N-Power beneficiaries in Afikpo North LGEA have been posted to schools nearest to their areas of domicile to ensure regular attendance to school.
8. The LGEA education secretary has ensured that appointment of school heads and vice principals administration are strictly on seniority basis and that permanent classroom teachers are rationalized equally, making sure that no teacher teaches more than one stream.
9. The Education Secretary has carried a sensitization visit known as operation show your PVC for basic education teachers in the LGEA.
10. The LGEA trained, re-trained and supervised food vendors to ensure effective/success of the Home Grown School Feeding Programme in the LGEA.
11. The UBEC Nationwide Personnel programme in Afikpo North LGEA was a huge success as 192 public and private schools were visited during the exercise.
12. The graduates from eighteen (18) nomadic schools in Afikpo North LGEA since 2012 to date have been successfully enumerated by the National Institute for Nomadic/Migrant Fishermen Students with headquarters based in Kaduna.
13. In Afikpo North LGEA primary 4-6 pupils attend compulsory computer lesson every Thursday and Friday at designated centres at Amasiri , Afikpo Urban. Plans have also been concluded for Unwana and Akpoha schools to start when schools re-open in September 2018.
14. Engr. Dr. David Umahi Special Science programme will take off in September at Amaizu/Amangballa primary school. This is to ensure that medical doctors, engineers, scientists and technicians emerge from the area in future. The LGEA wants to catch these professionals young.
15. Plans are on top gear to extend Unwana Comprehensive Secondary to a second campus to be located at Model primary school unwana. This will provide children from the villages access to education.
16. It is on record that Afikpo North LGEA refunded completed failed Unified Examination levy back to primary schools pupils in the Afikpo North LGEA.
UBEB projects in the Ebonyi state Basic Education Schools.